This is my mother’s very famous easy to make Kacchi Biriyani recipe.. Enjoy!
Prepare the meat, rice and potatoes all separately.
Preparing the Meat:
Mutton 5 lbs
Onion 2 big ones
Ginger 2 teaspoons
Nutmeg/Mace (jaiphal/javitri) 0.5 teaspoons
Cinnamon Stick 2
White cardamom (elach) and clove (laung) 15-20
chili powder 2 teaspoons
yogurt 2.5 cup
Oil 1 cup
- Wash the meat and drain all water.
- Heat oil and add the sliced onion and fry a little bit.
- Add everything and fry while stirring.
- Now add mutton and cook the mutton as it turns soft.
- Make sure the mixture is not watery.
Preparing the Potatoes:
Potatoes 3 big ones
- Cut the potatoes into big pieces.
- To give it a color, mix with orange color and salt.
- Heat oil and fry the colored potatoes.
Preparing the Rice:
Rice 6 cup
Water 11 cup
Oil 0.5 cup
Keora/Keoda water or Rose water 0.5 teaspoon
Saffron or orange food color very little
- Fry the Rice in oil for sometime.
- Add all the water, salt as necessary and Keoda/Rose water.
- After 3/4 water is gone leave it on for very low heat.
- Add green chili, fried potatoes, and prune.
- On top of it add all the cooked meat. Don’t mix.
- Spread little bit of orange color/saffron.
- Put the lid on for 15-20 minutes in low heat.
- and you’ll know its done when smell comes out.
Dig through all the layers while serving to make sure meat, colored rice, non colored rice and potatoes are there.
Source: Novita Rahman
ট্যাগস্: cardamom, chili, chilies, fry, ginger, Mutton, oil, onion, onions, Potato, potatoes, Rice, salt, yogurt